Why Virtual Tours for Properties?
Create property virtual tours and offer potential buyers a 24/7 online open house. This will free up more time for you...the seller!
Consider These Facts
- Percentage of Buyers that learned about property through print ads 0.82% - the lowest! Percentage of Buyers that learned about property through internet, web, etc. 73% - the highest! (Victoria Real Estate Board, July 2011)
- 98% of homebuyers using the Internet say that the most useful feature are photos (2010 NAR Profile of Home Buyers & Sellers)
- 89% of homebuyers say that virtual tours are either very or somewhat useful and only 54% of REALTORS® Web sites include virtual tours. (2010 NAR Member Profile)
- 90% of homebuyers are using the Internet to search for housing information (2009 NationalAssociation of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers)
- Virtual tours reduce the amount of wasted viewing by 40%. (source: Property Week)
- Real estate listings featuring virtual tours are clicked on 40% more often than those using still photos alone. When asked, 75% of all prospects surveyed said that they preferred virtual tours to assist in the decision making process. (Planet Home Study, 2007)
- 54% of home buyers who are searching for their next home on Realtor.com will not even look at a home unless there is a featured tour. (NAR, January 2006)
- Home buyers who used virtual tours as a significant portion of their home-buying experience spent an average of two weeks with a realtor looking at homes, compared to those who did not use the internet, who spent an average of seven weeks looking for their home. (RIS Media, 2008)
- The median income of internet searchers is much higher, at $86,900, compared with $50,000 among those who did not use the internet to search for a home. (NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, 2007)
- Home buyers use the internet slightly more frequently (66%) than real estate agents (64%) and much more frequently than newspapers (17%), home magazines (10%) or television (2%).
So you see, having virtual tours to showcase your property is no longer a maybe...it's a must!