4. Report Abuse PolicymyeCarousel is a Division of Pana Portal View Incorporated.
Please choose what you want to report:
Notice for Claims of Intellectual Property Violations
Although myeCarousel will take reasonable steps to assist members in protecting their intellectual property, you acknowledge that it is not possible for myeCarousel to prevent third parties, including other members or visitors, from taking screen shots or engaging in other actions which may infringe upon your copyright or other intellectual property rights in images or content uploaded or posted on your myeCarousel account. If you believe that another member is infringing upon your intellectual property rights, or find or bought content for sale that you think may infringe some copyrights, please contact us and we will investigate the problem and, if appropriate, take steps to address the problem.
To report an intellectual property violation on myeCarousel.com, please provide us with the following information:
1. A description of the copyrighted or other material that you claim has been infringed.
2. A link or URL to the page where the violation occurred on myeCarousel.com.
3. Your contact information, including your full name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
4. A written statement signed by you explaining the nature and circumstances of the intellectual property violation, indicating your ownership in the copyright or other intellectual property in question or otherwise verifying the accuracy of your claim.
5. Mail this information to:
Pana Portal View Inc.
1567 Fremont Place
Victoria, BC, V8N 4R4, Canada
Attention: myeCarousel Legal Issues
Image or other content that may violate the myeCarousel Community Guidelines
If you have any other concerns about the content uploaded to myeCarousel or the behaviour of another member, please contact us and provide detailed information.
What will myeCarousel do when we receive a claim or report?
1. After we receive a claim or report from you, myeCarousel will contact the member who is allegedly infringing another member’s intellectual property rights or who is violating the myeCarousel Community Guidelines . If after 7 working days the member does not respond to our enquiry, myeCarousel reserves the right to deactivate the affected account on myecarousel.com without any further consultation. myCarousel in its sole discretion may send you a letter or email explaining the final disposition of the matter. myeCarousel will not disclose your name or contact information to any other member unless required to do so by law.
2. If a member responds within the 7 working day period to myCarousel and decides to remove the dispute material from the affected account on myecarousel.com, myeCarousel will notify you and take no further action. If you believe further action is required, you will need to take such action on your own behalf.
3. If a member receives more than two violation notifications and the violations are acknowledged as valid by the member, myeCarousel reserves the right to cancel the member’s account on myecarousel.com without any further notification. When an account is cancelled all of its content will be permanently deleted.
4. If the member against whom you made a claim or report responds to myeCarousel within the 7 working day period and makes a counter claim, claiming that he/she owns or has a right to the copyright and/or intellectual property in the material in dispute, myeCarousel will notify you about the counter claim, and you will have 7 working days to send myeCarousel a response to the counter claim. At this point, myeCarousel will not provide your name or contact information to the other member and if you want to proceed with further action, you will need to do so on your behalf and without any further assistance by myeCarousel.
6. myeCarousel reserves the right to forward or inform the local Intellectual Property offices or other officials regarding a claim received from a myeCarousel member. For further information about copyright and intellectual property issues, please contact the relevant authorities or professionals in your jurisdiction or elsewhere for guidance or advice.